China, an ancient, mysterious and beautiful land, is always appealing to adventurous foreign visitors. As the third largest country in the world occupying an area of 9,600,000 sq km, it spans 62 degrees of longitude and 49 degrees of latitude. A wide variety of terrain and climate shape its numerous natural attractions. Abundant in a variety of resources, plants, animals, and minerals, the land has nurtured countless generations of Chinese people.
One of China's greatest treasures is her long, rich history. As early as 1.7 million years ago, the earliest humans evolved on this land. The first dynasty, the Xia Dynasty, dates to about the 21st century BC. For 4,000 years, feudalism was the dominant economic and cultural model. Then, in 1911, the revolution led by Sun Yat-sen brought the monarchy to an end. On October 1st, 1949, modern China was founded as the 'People's Republic of China'. Since then, China has developed independently and vigorously. Most recently, reform and opening-up policy has energized life in China.
China is proud of her many people, long history, resplendent culture and distinctive customs. Among her greatest gifts to the world are the 'four great inventions' (paper, gunpowder, printing and the compass) . Chinese arts and crafts, including painting, calligraphy, operas, embroidery and silk are distinctive and unique. Martial arts, which have only recently begun to enjoy popularity in other parts of the world have been part of Chinese culture for centuries, and Chinese literature is testifies to the country's rich heritage. And, of course, there is Chinese cuisine, which has been exported to every corner of the globe.
Day 01: Arrival in Beijing (no meal)
Arrive at Beijing Capital International Airport. Our guide will greet you at the exit of Arrival Hall & transferred to your hotel. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 02: Beijing (B, L)
Full day trip to the Tian'anmen Square, the Forbidden City, the Temple of Heaven .
- The Tian'anmen Square: The largest city square in the world.
- The Forbidden City: The largest imperial palace in China for 24 emperors' reign during the Ming and Qing dynasties with a history of around 600 years.
- The Temple of Heaven: a masterpiece of architecture and landscape design where the ancient emperors used to pray for the God's bless of the whole nation.
Day 03: Beijing (B, L, D)
Full day trip to the Great Wall, Ming Tomb and Sacred road. Enjoy a famous Peking Duck Banquet for dinner.
- The Great Wall: One of the great wonders in the world and the symbol of China .
- The Ding Tomb: an underground palace for a Ming-dynasty emperors' afterlife.
- The Sacred Road: "the way leading to Heaven"; which is guarded on both sides with 12 stone statues.
Day 04: Beijing/Xian (B, L)
Visit Hutongs by rickshaw. Take afternoon flight to Xi'an. Arrive at Xian. Be met & transferred to your hotel. Have city tour to the Ancient City Wall.
- Hutongs: the unique street design in Beijing - some crisscrossing old narrow paths with courtyard houses built on each side. It can be regarded as a window into Beijing folk life.
- The Ancient City Wall: the best-kept and biggest city walls in China.
Day 05: Xian (B, L)
Visit the Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses Museum, Bell Tower and the Wild Goose Pagoda.
- The Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses Museum: one of the most important archaeological finds in the 20 th century; an army of terra-cotta warriors and the bronze chariots entombed in vast underground vaults at emperor Qin's tomb since 2200 year ago.
- The Bell Tower: first built in 1384, the largest and best preserved of its kind.
- The Wild Goose Pagoda: the city emblem, which was first built in Tang Dynasty for the storage of Buddhist scriptures taken from India by Monk Xuanzang.
Day 06: Xian/Shanghai (B, L)
Visit the Provincial Museum. Take flight to Shanghai. Be met & have city tours to the Bund, Nanjing Road .
- The Provincial Museum: One impressive museum housing more than 370,000 pieces of historical relics.
- The Bund: Shanghai 's famous waterfront to see new-erect modern skyscrapers and aged buildings of the colonial period.
- Nanjing Road: the busiest shopping street in Shanghai.
Day 07: Shanghai (B, L)
Visit Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Yu Garden & Xintiandi.
- Oriental Pearl TV Tower: Best viewing spot of Shanghai located by the Huangpu River with the height of 468 meters.
- Yu Garden: it used to be a private garden with 400 years' history, it features traditional architectural style of Yangtze Delta.
- Xintiandi: a pedestrian street composed of traditional street format of Shanghai ¡Shikumen¡ and modern development.
Day 08: Shanghai departure (B)
Free at leisure, transfer to the airport for the flight to your next destination.
Fixed Departure Tour Cost for 7-nights 84-days Golden Triangle China Tour
Standard Hotels Option
Tourit Class Hotels Option
Cost in US$
Cost in US$
Trip Cost includes:
- Private transfers airport/hotel/airport;
- Private tours escorted by an English-speaking guide;
- Accommodations at 4 star hotels with daily breakfast;
- Meals specified in the itinerary as B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner;
- Domestic flights and trains listed;
- Admission fees.
Trip cost does not include:
- International flights or trains;
- Visa arrangement;
- Excess luggage charge (the luggage allowance at economy class is 20kg );
- Personal expense;
- Any meals not specified as "B, L or D".
- Gratuities to guides and drives.