Day 01: Arrival in Beijing (no meal)
Arrive at Beijing. Our guide will meet you at the airport & transfer to your hotel. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 02: Beijing (B, L)
Full day trip to the Tian'anmen Square, the Forbidden City, the Temple of Heaven.
- The Tian'anmen Square: The largest city square in the world.
- The Forbidden City: The largest imperial palace in China for 24 emperors' reign during the Ming and Qing dynasties with a history of around 600 years.
- The Temple of Heaven: a masterpiece of architecture and landscape design where the ancient emperors used to pray for the God's bless of the whole nation.
Day 03: Beijing (B, L, D)
Full day trip to the Great Wall, Ming Tomb and Sacred road. Enjoy a famous Peking Duck Banquet for dinner.
- The Great Wall: One of the great wonders in the world and the symbol of China.
- The Ding Tomb: an underground palace for a Ming-dynasty emperors' afterlife.
- The Sacred Road: "the way leading to Heaven" which is guarded on both sides with 12 stone statues.
Day 04: Beijing/Xian by flight (B, L)
Visit Hutongs by rickshaw. Take afternoon flight to xi'an . Arrive at Xian. Be met & transferred to your hotel. Free time at leisure.
- Hutongs: the unique street design to Beijing - some crisscrossing old narrow paths with courtyard houses built on each side. It can be regarded as a window into Beijing folk life.
Day 05: Xian (B, L)
Visit the Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses, the Bell Tower and the Wild Goose Pagoda.
- The Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses Museum: one of the most important archaeological finds in the 20 th century; an army of terra-cotta warriors and the bronze chariots entombed in vast underground vaults at emperor Qin's tomb since 2200 year ago.
- The Bell Tower: first built in 1384, the largest and best preserved of its kind.
- The Wild Goose Pagoda: the city emblem, which was first built in Tang Dynasty for the storage of Buddhist scriptures taken from India by Monk Xuanzang.
Day 06: Xian/Chengdu by flight (B, L)
Visit the Provincial Museum , Ancient City Wall and old city quarters. Take an evening flight to Chengdu. Be met & transferred to the hotel with your private guide & vehicle.
- The Provincial Museum: One of the main museums in China boasting a large collection of unearthed cultural relics of China.
- The Ancient City Wall: the best-kept and biggest city walls in China.
Day 07: Chengdu/Lijiang by flight (B, L)
Visit Dujiangyan Irrigation Project and Panda Breeding Center. Take an evening flight to Lijiang. Be met and transfer to hotel.
- Dujiangyan Irrigation System: 2200+ year old water conservation project, still in use for irrigation and flood-controlling.
- Panda Breeding Center: First opened in 1987, a semi-wild area where those lovely China 's ambassadors can be allowed to freely roam.
Day 08: Lijiang (B, L)
Drive to Jade Dragon Snow Mountain to take a cable car to Yak Meadow. Then visit Yu Feng Lamasery and Baisha Mural.
- Jade Dragon Snow Mountain: the holy mountain of local Naxi People, the soul of Lijiang.
- Yu Feng Lamasery: first built in Qing Dynasty (1644-1911), a mixture style of Han, Naxi and Tibetan architecture.
- Baisha Mural: It was painted in Baisha Town in Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), an interesting co-existence of Buddhism, Taoism and Lamaism in the artworks.
Day 09: Lijiang/Kunming (B)
Free morning for your own exploration. Transfer to airport and fly to Kunming. Be met and transfer to hotel.
Day 10: Kunming/Guilin by flight (B, L)
Full day tour to Stone Forest and local Flower and Bird Market. Drive to airport and fly to Guilin. Be met and transfer to hotel.
- Stone Forest: the most famous tourist attraction in Kunming - a typical formation of Karst topography.
Day 11: Guilin/Yangshuo (B, L)
Take a leisurely cruise down Li River enjoying the stunning landscape, and arrive at Yangshuo for one hour free shopping at local market. Overnight at Yangshuo.
- Li River cruise: a wonderful 3.5 hour cruise going down a clear river sided by picturesque scenery. Lunch on board.
Day 12: Yangshuo (B, L)
Bike ride to the countryside escorted by your private guide, then bamboo rafting down Yu Long River (great fun and mild adventurous!). Lunch at local restaurant. Have a cooking course in the afternoon.
Day 13: Yangshuo/Longji/Guilin by car, Guilin/Shanghai by flight (B, L)
Drive to Longji to see the rice terraces and visit Ping An Zhuang Village. Then transfer to airport to fly to Shanghai . Be met and transfer to hotel.
- Reed Flute Cave: fantastic stalactites & stalagmites formation, known as " Natural Art Gallery "
- Longji Rice Terraces: first built in Yuan Dynasty (1271-1368), a feat of farm engineering.
Day 14: Shanghai (B, L)
Visit Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Yu Garden & Jade Buddha Temple .
- Oriental Pearl TV Tower: Best viewing spot of Shanghai located by the Huangpu River with 468 meters high.
- Yu Garden: It used to be a private garden with 400 years' history, it features traditional architectural style of Yangtze Delta.
- Jade Buddha Temple: Most popular Buddhist temple in Shanghai boasting 2 precious jade Buddha sculptures from Burma.
Day 15: Shanghai (B, L)
Tour to nearby ancient water town - Zhujiajiao, and transfer back to the Bund and Najing Road for shopping.
- Zhujiajiao Town: an ancient water town featured with traditional lifestyle of Yangtze Delta.
- The Bund: Shanghai 's famous waterfront to see new-erect modern skyscrapers and aged buildings of the colonial period.
- Nanjing Road: the busiest shopping street in Shanghai.
Day 16: Shanghai departure (B)
Transfer to Shanghai Pudong airport for your flight to your next destination.
The tour cost on a twin share basis starts from USD pp (minimum 2 pax) Single supplement: USD
The tour cost on a twin share basis starts from USD1 pp (minimum 2 pax)
Single supplement: USD
- Private transfers airport/hotel/airport;
- Private tours escorted by an English-speaking guide;
- Accommodations at 4 star hotels with daily breakfast;
- Meals specified in the itinerary as B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner;
- Domestic flights and trains listed;
- Admission fees.
- International flights or trains;
- Visa arrangement;
- Excess luggage charge (the luggage allowance at economy class is 20kg );
- Personal expense;
- Any meals not specified as "B, L or D".
- Gratuities to guides and drives.